Four injured in electric shock incident

Published 4:27 pm Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Four people were injured on Wednesday afternoon when a ladder reportedly contacted overhead power lines, according to a news release.

The York County Department of Fire and Life Safety was dispatched to the incident just before 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, the news release stated. It happened at Parkside Resort in the 100 block of Parkside Drive in the Bruton area.

Arriving units, which also included units from James City County and Williamsburg fire departments, found four patients with varying degrees of injuries.

The Virginia Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been contacted, as it appears to be a workplace incident, the news release stated. The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office also provided on scene assistance.

Two patients were ground transported to hospitals by ambulance, one was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital by Nightingale Air Ambulance and one was transported to VCU Medical Center by Life Evac Air Ambulance.